W8MD’s weight loss NYC
lose weight In NYC With Insurance
- Are you trying to lose few pounds in New York City and do not know where to start?
- Are you wondering what truly works for weight loss in NYC and what does not?
- What are the clinically proven measures to help me lose weight in the city?
- Where do I start to assess my risk of being overweight or obese in NYC?
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers when it comes to losing weight in New York City.
Before we go to these questions, let us briefly review what percentage of adults in NYC are overweight or obese?
In New York City, obesity is epidemic just as in the rest of the nation, albeit slightly better: more than half of adult New Yorkers are considered overweight (34%) or obese (22%).
Taking both overweight (BMI of 25 or more) and obese (BMI of 30 or more), the overall overweight rate in NYC is a staggering 56% of all adults in NYC.Woman-losing-weightAlthough New York City is considered a leaner city, some of the data might be a bit misleading as the borough of Manhattan has significantly less obese people compared to the other boroughs bringing down the total number of overweight or obese. Nationwide, about 67% of all adults are considered overweight or obese.
Frequently Asked Weight Loss Questions Before Losing Weight in NYC
What is causing my weight gain in NYC as I do not eat too much intentionally?
While there are many complex causes of weight gain, here are some of the most common causes of weight gain:
Insulin resistance or metabolic weight gain is by far one of the most common causes of weight gain, especially if have some excess belly or upper body weight, according to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD (pronounced W’eight’MD) Medical Weight Loss Centers of America and a leading medical weight loss physician in NYC.
Some of the other causes include lack of proper sleep or sleep disorder such as insomnia, stress, certain medications, genetic factors, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, food allergies, food addition, eating disorders such as binge eating disorder, stress eating, night eating, pregnancy, fluid overload, quitting smoking, menopause etc.
Consulting with a W8MD weight loss physician that is knowledgeable about the complex causes of weight gain might not only help you understand and change the reversible causes of weight gain, but also help you lose weight fast in NYC, and understand how to keep the weight off!
Related weight loss questions that will be answered by a W8MD weight loss physician in NYC:
Why exercise alone is useless for weight loss
- What is causing me to gain weight in the belly in New York City?
- What are the common health risks associated with being obese in NYC?
- Could I have a health problem that is causing me to be overweight in the city of New York?
- I was told to be prediabetic and I need to lose some weight fast, what can I do?
- I just got diagnosed with diabetes or blood pressure and my doctor told me to lose weight, what can I do?
- Could I have a slow metabolism that is making it harder for me to lose weight in NYC?
- Everybody seems to think it is my fault that I am gaining weight, but I am overeating intentionally, I just crave some foods, why?
I am physically fairly active but still can’t seem to lose weight by exercising in NYC, why so?
For Weight Loss NYC – does exercise help?
Although it might come as a shocking news to many, the science is very clear that exercise alone is use for weight loss, without a restricted diet at the same. Despite what the fitness companies want you to believe, it is wide reported and proven beyond reasonable doubt that the role of exercise is more important in helping you maintain weight. When it comes to losing weight, the role exercise plays is a minor, supportive role, to a reduced calorie diet.
Here are some articles on why exercise alone is useless for weight loss.
- Time magazine article on why exercise won’t make you thin
- New York Times article on the limited role of exercise in weight loss
- Washington Post’s article on the science of exercise in weight loss
- Scientific literature and evidence on the role of exercise in weight loss
Related questions on diet and exercise that can be addressed by our weight loss physicians
- I eat healthy and exercise, but still can’t seem to lose much weight! What might be causing this?
- What kinds of physical activity do I need to do to lose some weight fast?
- Could there be a sleep problem that may be causing my weight gain?
- How will losing weight in NYC help me?
- What is a healthy weight for me in the big apple?
- How much weight do I need to lose in NYC?
- How long should it take me to lose weight?
- What are healthy ways to lose weight in NYC and keep it off?
- How can I change my eating habits and reduce my food cravings?
What are the 5 proven measures for losing weight in NYC?
Obesity is treated using one or more of these strategies:
- a diet low in calories using either VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) or LCD (Low Calorie Diet)
- increased physical activity in combination with a reduce calorie diet
- behavior therapy to address any underlying eating habits, and behaviors
- prescription medications or diet pills under medical supervision
- weight-loss surgery, also called bariatric surgery for weight loss
Related question to be considered:
Could a physician weight-loss program in NYC help me to lose some pounds quickly?
As W8MD medical weight loss physicians are often the most thoroughly trained, and experienced non-surgical weight loss physicians in the city, our weight loss physicians are able to better partner with their patients to help them understand and attempt to reverse the causes of weight gain and help them lose weight. Instead of “blaming the victim”, we will work with our patients in their efforts to change their eating habits, and lose weight by providing the support, accountability, tools including the dietary and when needed, appetite suppressant prescription medications to assist in weight loss. Understand the advantages of using one of the W8MD weight loss programs.
What are the FDA approved prescription medication options or diet pills for weight loss and appetite control?
W8MD’s weight loss physicians can prescribe FDA approved weight loss medications including the new and traditional diet pills when appropriate in addition to a low calorie diet and increased physical activity!
- Contrave (Bupropion and Naltrexone) – Brand new weight loss medication
- The latest weight loss drug FDA approved in December of 2014, Saxenda
- Phentermine and Topiramate (Qsymia) – New diet pill! (Phentermine and Topiramate is one of the most popular and most effective weight loss medications) for fast weight loss!
- Lorcaserin (Belviq) – New weight loss medication FDA approved in June of 2012.
- Phentermine (Adipex)
- Topiramate (Topamax)
- Phendimetrazine (Bontril)
- Diethylpropion (Tenuate)
- Xenical and others
- What about using a diet pill or prescription appetite suppressant weight-loss medication?
- I heard of new FDA approved medications. Are any one of these new diet pills right for me?
- Does my insurance cover the cost of weight loss physician consultations in New York?
- Where can I find a weight loss doctor in NYC that accepts my health insurance?
- What result do people get with the W8MD medical weight loss program?
- Once I reach my weight loss goal, what can I do to keep from regaining the weight?
My child is heavy and needs to lose weight, what can I do to help them lose weight?
Most W8MD physician weight loss programs offer both adult and pediatric weight loss programs. Please contact the W8MD medical center closest to you for more information on their pediatric weight loss programs.
|Insurance weight loss programs|
|Weight loss testimonials
“I lost 75 lbs with W8MD and feel great". - J.W.Smith, CPA
|Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
1718, Welsh Rd, Philadelphia, PA, 19115
Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087
New York City
2632 E 21st Street, Ste L2, Brooklyn, NY, 11235
401 E 55th Street New York New York 10022