W8MD keto low carb snacks
The goal is to stay under 200 calories, with low net carbs of about 5 or below so you can go in to ketosis for fat burning. The total daily net carbs while losing weight is about 30 net carbs or lower. Net carbs is calculated by taking the total carbs and subtracting the carbs from it.
Bacon & Egg Fat Bombs
0.2 g Net carb
5 g Protein
Nutritional values (per serving / 1 piece)
Ingredients (makes 6 servings / fat bombs)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4cup butter or ghee, softened at room temperature.
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4tsp salt or more to taste (optional pink Himalayan)
- 4 large slices bacon (120 g / 4.2 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C/ 375 °F. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don’t overlap. Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Boil the eggs. Add a good pinch of salt. This will prevent the eggs from cracking. Bring to a boil. To get the eggs hard-boiled, you need round 10 minutes.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add the peeled and quartered eggs. Mash with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Pour in the bacon grease and combine well. Place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until it’s solid and easy to form fat bombs.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for “breading.” Remove the egg mixture from the fridge and start creating 6 balls. You can use a spoon or an ice-cream scooper. Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge.