Medicare Weight Loss
- Are you a Medicare Part B insurance holder?
- Are you considered clinically obese with Body Mass Index of 30 or more?
- Do you know Medicare Part B covers certain weight loss services if provided by a qualified health care provider?
If you are overweight or obese, and need help losing weight, W8MD can help. Accepting most insurances, with an evidence based practice, with many locations in the US with physicians and staff experienced and well trained, W8MD has helped thousands of patients lose weight and is ready to help you. W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss program offers FDA appetite suppressants or diet pills such as PHENTERMINE, also see review of Phentermine, (ADIPEX), QSYMIA, review of Qsymia, BELVIQ, SAXENDA, TENUATE(DIETHYLPROPION), BONTRIL (PHENDIMETRAZINE) etc. We also offer optional and delicious VLCD meal replacements for fast weight loss results. In addition to weight loss, VLDC diet programs, W8MD offers state of the art Sleep Medicine, IV Therapy, and Medical Aesthetics / Spa services. Book Appointments or call (800)W8MD-007. Read success stories…
Medicare coverage for weight loss – what is covered and what is not?
Obesity screening & counseling coverage by Medicare part B
How often does Medicare cover weight loss related services for the obese?
Where can I get the IBT for obesity?
This counseling may be covered if you get it at any physician’s office that is considered a primary care setting, where it can be coordinated with your other care and a personalized prevention plan.
Who’s eligible for Medicare IBT counseling for obesity?
If a Medicare patient has a BMI of 30 or more, IBT for obesity will be covered if provided by a qaulified primary care provider. Since this is a service that all primary doctors provide, it is sufficient that the provider that seek this service meets the definition of primary care provider as defined by Medicare.
Who’s eligible for Medicare Screening for obesity?
All people with Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) irrespective of their body mass index for the screening for obesity.
Cost of Screening Services for Obesity for Medicare Part B holders
imf-hed>You pay nothing for this screening for obesity as it is considered a preventive service if the primary care doctor or other qualified primary care practitioner accepts Medicare.
Medicare coverage for Intensive Behavior Therapy (IBT) for obesity
Medicare Intensive behavioral therapy(IBT) for obesity consists of the following:
- Screening for all adults for obesity with measurement of Body Mass Index and if found to have a BMI of over 30, do the following:
- Dietary (nutritional) assessment; and
- Intensive behavioral counseling and behavioral therapy to promote sustained weight loss through high intensity interventions on diet and exercise.
How often does Medicare Cover IBT for obesity?
- One face-to-face visit every week for the first month;
- One face-to-face visit every other week for months 2-6;
- One face-to-face visit every month for months 7-12, if the beneficiary meets the 3kg weight loss requirement as discussed below.
What happens after 6 months of getting the IBT for obesity?
What are the 5 A principles of Medicare IBT for obesity?
- Assess: Ask the patient (get the history) as to what is causing the weight gain such as their eating habits, food cravings, behaviors etc.
- Advise: Give clear advice on the risk and benefits of losing weight such as reduced risk of high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease etc.
- Agree: Identify the goals, and methods to get the goals, enquire about and agree on patient’s interest in and willingness to change the behavior.
- Assist: Using behavior change techniques such as self-help and/or counseling, aid the patient in achieving agreed-upon goals.
- Arrange: Schedule follow-up contacts (in person or by telephone) to provide ongoing assistance/support and to adjust the treatment plan as needed, including referral to more intensive or specialized treatment.
What is the minimum amount of weight loss required by Medicare in the first 6 months of receiving IBT for obesity?
To be eligible for additional face-to-face visits occurring once a month for an additional six months, beneficiaries must have achieved a reduction in weight of at least 3kg over the course of the first six months of intensive therapy as documented in the physician office records for applicable beneficiaries consistent with usual practice.
What happens if I fail to lose at least 3kg of weight in the first 6 months of IBT?
For those that do not achieve a weight loss of at least 3kg during the first six months of intensive therapy, a reassessment of their readiness to change and BMI is appropriate after an additional six month period.
How do you define a primary care setting for the purposes of receiving IBT for obesity?
For the purposes of this decision memorandum, a primary care setting is defined as one in which there is provision of integrated, accessible health care services by clinicians who are accountable for addressing a large majority of personal health care needs, developing a sustained partnership with patients, and practicing in the context of family and community.
Which facilities are excluded from Medicare covered IBT for obesity?
w8md affordable weight loss low calorie weight loss upplements and meal plans
Emergency departments, inpatient hospital settings, ambulatory surgical centers, independent diagnostic testing facilities, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities and hospices are not considered primary care settings under this definition.
Do most W8MD weight loss centers accept Medicare?
Does Medicare cover diet pills or appetite suppressant prescription medications?
How can W8MD help?
W8MD’s medical weight loss, sleep, aesthetic & IV nutrition programs
W8MD’s medical weight loss, sleep, aesthetic & IV nutrition programsW8MD’s insurance weight loss program is unique in many ways with a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to losing weight fast that addresses all the complex issues leading to weight gain, both in adults and children. Since its inception in 2011, W8MD has successfully helped thousands of patients lose weight successfully succeed in not only losing weight but also keep it off with an ongoing maintenance plan.
We offer FDA appetite suppressants or diet pills, such as Phentermine or Adipex, Qsymia, Belviq, Saxenda, Contrave, Bontril, Tenuate etc. We also offer very low calorie diets (VLCD),with optional and affordable insulin resistance.
FANTASTIC program! Truly a life changer! The first several months I lost on average 3 pounds a week. I have now lost 87 pounds in 10 months and I’m still losing! I can say it feels almost effortless, for with the elimination of most carbs plus the medication I have ZERO cravings and minimal hunger. D.M. Lost 100 lbs and maintaining for years!
Medical Aesthetic Special Offer
GET UP TO 50% OFF
AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME!W8MD’s medical aesthetic / MedSpa programs offers a wide variety of advanced skin care measures to make you look your best with younger and brighter skin. Our skin treatments include mesotherapy fat dissolve injections, oxygen super facials with microdermabrasion, IPL photofacials, microneedle skin rejuvination, PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) therapy, non-ablative laser skin resurfacing, botox, fillers and aesthetic treatments.