- How do you choose the best weight loss program that is right for you?
- Where can I consult with a physician trained in evidence based medicine for fast weight loss that can help me lose weight?
- I do not want bariatric surgery, just wants to lose weight with non-surgical measures. Where do I go for weight loss answers?
- I am trying to understand what is truly causing my weight gain as I do not intentionally overeat. Why am I gaining weight?
- I am fairly active physically but can’t seem to lose much weight. Does exercise alone really help in weight loss?
- What are the 5 proven measures for losing weight effectively?
With so many confusing weight loss options, quick fixes, and over 20,000 books written on this topic, it is difficult for an average person to choose what works and what does not work for weight loss. Here are some useful tips on choosing the right weight loss program for you.
The best weight loss program should have the following features.
■ Healthy diet plans with low carbohydrate and low calories for best results.
Low fat or low carb diets better for losing weight? See why low carb diets have more sustained weight loss results.
■ Regular physical activity and/or exercise instruction along with a reduced calorie diet
■ Tips on healthy behavior changes that also consider your cultural needs
Since eating habits are deeply rooted in culture, it is important to choose a weight loss program that takes these in to consideration.
■ Slow and steady weight loss of about 1–3 pounds per week
Losing weight too fast has inherent risks and the safe way to lose weight is about 1-3 pounds per week although you might lose more initially due to water weight etc.
■ Physician supervision for a very low-calorie diet or VLCD
The two types of low calorie diets are called Low Calorie Diet (LCD) and Very Low Calorie Diet (VLCD) diets. For those that want faster results, and for those that are on VLCD diet, careful physician supervision is required for safe weight loss.
■ A weight maintenance plan to keep the weight off after you have lost it.
It is important to understand that you need to keep from regaining the weight back and any successful weight loss program should have a weight maintenance plan included for continued success with weight loss and to keep from regaining the weight.
Frequently asked weight loss questions
✔ Is the weight loss diet safe for me?
✔ Does the weight loss program provide dietary counseling to help me change your eating, activity, and personal habits?
✔ Is the staff made up of qualified weight loss physicians, counselors and other allied staff to provide the supportive environment for weight loss?
✔ Is training available on how to deal with times when you may feel stressed and slip back to old habits?
✔ Is attention paid to keeping the weight off? How long is this phase?
✔ Are food choices flexible and suitable?
✔ Are weight goals set by the client and the health professional?
✔ What percentage of people complete the program?
✔ What is the average weight loss among people who finish the program?
✔ What percentage of people maintain their weight loss after reaching their weight loss goal?
✔ What percentage of people have problems or side effects? What are they?
✔ Are there fees or costs for additional items such as dietary supplements?
Weight Loss Center Locations
Poly-Tech Sleep & W8MD’s King Of Prussia Weight Loss Center
987 Old Eagle School Rd, Ste 712, Wayne, PA, 19087 (King of Prussia)
Our farthest patient for help losing weight comes from Delaware! Testimonials
2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11214.
Our farthest weight loss patient comes from Dallas, Texas! Testimonials
Coming Soon! W8MD Weight Loss Program coming to Long Island, NY coming soon!
We are pleased to announce that the popular W8MD’s Weight Loss Centers of America’s physician weight loss program will soon be available at
149 Hempstead Turnpike
- Medical weight loss, Physician weight loss NYC, Weight loss Philadelphia
- Very low calorie diets, fast weight loss
- Appetite suppressants or Diet pills, Adipex, Phentermine/Topiramate, Qsymia, Belviq, Contrave or Saxenda.