Brooklyn has its share of the overweight or obese as the biggest borough of New York City. Let us look at the best weight loss options in Brooklyn, New York. How do you lose weight in Brooklyn. Here is an overview of the Brooklyn weight loss options.
Brooklyn weight loss
State of Obesity in Brooklyn, New York
According to the statistics on obesity, one in four adults are considered clinically obese with a body mass index of 30 or more and over 56% of all adults are considered overweight.
We know from research in the USA that about half of all adults are trying to lose weight at at any given point in time. So, what are the various options to lose weight in Brooklyn, New York?
- So, how do you lose weight fast in NYC or Brooklyn?
- What really works and what does not work for losing weight fast in NYC?
- Are there weight loss programs in NYC that accept my insurance for weight loss in Brooklyn?
- I am tired of the fad diets that do not work. Where can I find an evidence based weight loss program in Brooklyn, NY?
W8MD’s 8 things to lose weight fast in Brooklyn, NY
If you are one of the over 50 percent of all adults in New York City, in any of the boroughs such as Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island or Long Island, and need help losing weight fast, here are the options to lose weight.
Steps to losing weight in Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn weight loss steps – step 1
The first and the most important step to losing weight fast and safe in NYC is to assess your height and weight. How do you know whether you are overweight or obese unless you check your height and weight. The way to compare one to the other is by using the simple and easy body mass index or BMI.
- Underweight <18.5 kg/m2
- Normal weight 18.5–24.9 kg/m2
- Overweight 25–29.9 kg/m2
- Obesity (Class 1) 30–34.9 kg/m2
- Obesity (Class 2) 35–39.9 kg/m2
- Extreme obesity (Class 3) ≥40 kg
So, if your BMI is over 25, you are considered overweight and if your BMI is over 30, you considered obese.
Brooklyn weight loss step 2
The second thing to consider is to measure waist circumference. Measuring waist circumference helps understand the risk that comes from being overweight and obesity. For example, if most of your fat is around your waist rather than at your hips, you’re at a higher risk for heart disease and type 2 diabetes. This risk goes up with a waist size that is greater than 35 inches for women or greater than 40 inches for men.
How to measure your waist circumference?
To correctly measure your waist circumference, stand and place a tape measure around your middle, just above your hipbones. Measure your waist just after you breathe out.
What should my waist circumference be?
Your waist circumference should be no greater than 35 inches for women or no greater than 40 inches for men.
Brooklyn weight loss step 3
Once you know the above two things, i.e. your BMI and your waist, then move to step 3 should you need to lose weight either because you are overweight or you have excess belly fat.
Are you ready and motivated to lose weight?
Consider the following factors:
(1) reasons and motivation for weight loss
(2) previous attempts at weight loss
(3) support expected from family and friends
(4) understanding of risks and benefits
(5) attitudes toward physical activity
(6) time availability, and
(7) potential barriers to your adoption of change.
Brooklyn weight loss step 4
The 4th step in losing weight in NYC is to understand what really works and what does not for losing weight. Although there are literally thousands of diets, miracle weight loss cures, and all kinds of quick diet fixes that fail to work, there are only 5 proven ways to lose weight.
- So, what are the 5 proven ways to lose weight fast?
- How is obesity treated?
Obesity is treated using one or more of these 5 proven strategies:
- a diet low in calories using VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) or LCD (Low Calorie Diet).
- increased physical activity in addition to low calorie diet (exercise alone is pretty useless for weight loss)
- behavior therapy
- prescription weight loss medications of which there are many traditional weight loss pills such as Phentermine (Adipex P / Ionamine in many doses such as 15 mg, 30 mg, and 37.5 mg both in tablets and capsules), Phendimetrazine, Diethylpropion, Phentermine with Topiramate which is one of the most popular and most effective diet pills for fast weight loss results, Belviq, Contrave, Saxenda and many others
- weight-loss surgery or bariatric surgery
Brooklyn weight loss step 5
Find a weight loss program in Brooklyn that accepts your health insurance for the weight loss doctor visits
Brooklyn weight loss step 6
Understand the health risks of being overweight or obese and the benefits of losing weight.
Risk Factors that are related to being overweight or obese
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High LDL cholesterol (“bad” cholesterol)
- Low HDL cholesterol (“good” cholesterol)
- High triglycerides
- High blood glucose (sugar)
- Family history of premature heart disease
- Physical inactivity
- Cigarette smoking
Brooklyn weight loss step 7
See if W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America’s physician weight loss program in Brooklyn New York is right for you.
Brooklyn weight loss step 8
Check out the amazing weight loss success stories, before and after weight loss pictures and take the first step by calling W8MD. What have you got to lose weight besides your unwanted pounds?
Cost of the weight loss program in NYC
We accept most health insurances for physician weight loss visits
Cost of weight loss supplements and or diet pills
In addition to accepting insurance for weight loss doctor visit,s our weight loss program in NYC has minimal administrative cost of an additional $50.00 that includes up to two weight loss prescription medications or diet pills, or up to 3 boxes of weight loss meal replacements with 7 meals each (total of 21 meals included).
We also offer limited primary care services, sleep disorder management in addition to physician supervised, non-surgical weight loss programs.
FANTASTIC program! Truly a life changer! The first several months I lost on average 3 pounds a week. I have now lost 87 pounds in 10 months and I’m still losing! I can say it feels almost effortless, for with the elimination of most carbs plus the medication I have ZERO cravings and minimal hunger.
- Contrave (Bupropion and Naltrexone) – Brand new weight loss medication
- The latest weight loss drug FDA approved in December of 2014, Saxenda
- Phentermine and Topiramate (Qsymia) – New diet pill! (Phentermine and Topiramate is one of the most popular and most effective weight loss medications) for fast weight loss!
- Lorcaserin (Belviq) – New weight loss medication FDA approved in June of 2012.
- Phentermine (Adipex)
- Topiramate (Topamax)
- Phendimetrazine (Bontril)
- Diethylpropion (Tenuate)
- Xenical and others
Due to popular demand, acceptance is limited in our insurance physician weight loss program at this time on a first come, first serve basis in our Philadelphia, New York City or Wayne PA weight loss locations.
W8MD offers clinically proven 800-1200 Calorie VLCD(Very Low Calorie Diets) and Low Calorie Diet plans under careful medical supervision.